About Forest Land Services
An Independent, Family Owned Business
Forest Land Services, Inc. (FLS) is an independent, family-owned business whose main goal is to help preserve and maintain forests in Pennsylvania and surrounding states.
There are nearly 17 million acres of forests in Pennsylvania and some professionals estimate that only 5% of them are managed properly. FLS works with landowners to ensure that the land is managed effectively to provide the most value now and for generations to come. There are management plans, timber evaluations and wildlife management services that can help landowners to both care for their property and realize its maximum value.
This can all be accomplished with the experience and education of the father and son team at FLS.
Robert C. McColly
Robert C. McColly , ACF, CF, is a forester with Forest Land Services, Inc. Bob has a B.S. in Forest Science from Pennsylvania State University and over 45 years of forestry experience. He is a past president of the Board of Directors of the Association of Consulting Foresters of America and chaired both the 1989 and 2007 conventions.
Clark W. McColly
Following in his father's footsteps, Clark W. McColly is the president of Forest Land Services, LLC. Clark also attended Pennsylvania State University and graduated in 2008 with dual degrees. He has a B.S. degree in Forest Science and a B.S. degree in Wood Products. Before graduating in 2008, Clark has been gaining timber marking and forest management experience, and also has work experience in the wood products industry. Clark attended the Practicing Foresters Institute Trust's Consulting Forestry course in 2007.
The Forest Science program at Penn State was established in 1907. It was created as one of the first programs under the College of Agricultural Science within the University and has produced highly qualified and educated foresters. A degree from this program is highly respected and admired by foresters throughout the country.
Professional Memberships and Accomplishments
- Society of American Foresters Certified Forester
- Licensed Professional Forester in States of Maryland and West Virginia
- Chairman of 1989 and 2007 National ACF Convention
- Served as national president of the Association of Consulting Foresters, 1992-1994
- Practicing Foresters Institute Trust Board of Directors President 2002
- Chairman of PAACF from 2019 - 2021
- Member of the Advisory Board for the Ibberson Endowed Chair of the Pennsylvania State University
- Member of the composite review committee, aiding in selecting the new Director for the Pennsylvania State University School of Forestry
- Addressed symposium on Non-Industrial Private Forests in Washington, DC February 1996
- Guest lecturer University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown
- Guest lecturer at Pennsylvania State University for Forest Economics and/or Timber Harvesting Courses
- Member Advisory Board for Penn State University School of Forest Resources
- Penn State University School of Forest Resources Outstanding Alumni 2006